Sommario di pagina
Brioschi Sviluppo Immobiliare was founded on 15 January 1907, under the name Achille Brioschi & C., and its business purpose involved the production and commercialisation of chemical products, liqueurs and similar products.
On 12 June 1914 the company was listed on the Milanstock exchange.
For sixty years Achille Brioschi & C. produced and commercialised chemical products, specialising in the markets for soap, detergents, hygiene and personal wellbeing products, such as "Effervescente Brioschi" and "Lisoform".
Following the Second World War, with the zeal of reconstruction and the emergence of new competitors offering new products and technologies, the Group’s business and results were affected negatively.
In 1967, following a merger by incorporation of Fornova Istituto Biochimico of Novara and Farmochimica Emiliana, the company changed its name to A. Brioschi Istituto Biochimico, increased its share capital from 165 to 231 billion lire and specialised in the production of pharmaceutical products.
In the early Seventies, as a result of the global economic crisis, Brioschi ceased production activities and was transformed into a finance company, which simply managed its own plants and properties. This new corporate identity was reflected in the change of the company’s name to Brioschi Finanziaria spa in 1975.
In 1979 Brioschi became part of the Cabassi Group as a holding company for some property companies; since 1994, during the restructuring of the Group, the majority shareholding was acquired by Bastogi. In the ’70s and ’80s the Cabassi Group was involved in a number of significant property projects.
Following a crisis in the property sector, Brioschi experienced a period of difficulty, but in 1996, having sustained the losses, it increased its capital. Starting from 1998, when the sector picked up again, the company began large property projects.
Since then Brioschi has implemented a strategy of development of new ventures in the advanced tertiary sector and has extended its portfolio of income generating property.
In March 1999 the company increased its capital by 225 billion lire. It also issued warrants with expiry in December 2006. During the increase in capital, the controlling company fully subscribed its 51.1% share.
In December 2006 virtually all (99.71%) of the individual and institutional shareholders converted their warrants into shares, thereby increasing the capital by 67 million euro.
In April 2007 the company changed its name from Brioschi Finanziaria to Brioschi Sviluppo Immobiliare, as the company's business had shifted towards the design and construction of large development projects in metropolitan areas.
To obtain an additional focus on the respective core business and a greater rationalisation of the supply chain, in May 2008 a deed was drawn up for the proportional inverse spin-off of the holding company Bastogi in favour of Brioschi Sviluppo Immobiliare.